As you may be aware, a new Societies Act in BC came into effect in November 2016, and all BC's Societies were given two years to transition their record keeping and practices to it. GNSC is doing that this fall. When the Board received notice of the required transition, we took a look at our By-laws and realized they no longer reflect how the club works, nor do they reflect the new Act. A committee formed to review them and recommend changes, which could also reflect the new Act. These changes are now presented to you, the club's members, as a Special Resolution for you to approve (or not!) at the upcoming Annual General Meeting.
Changing the By-laws does not in any way affect the club's transition to the new Act: that will be going
The purposes of these proposed changes are:
– to update areas that referred only to the initial set up of the club;
– to clarify some areas where there could be misunderstanding and remove a few redundancies;
– to bring the bylaws more in line with the new Act;
– to have them better reflect how the club has been operating in recent years.
Please take a look at the following three texts; at the very least at the second one.
- Club's original By-laws from 2002.
- Proposed deletions from that text, highlighted in yellow, and proposed additions in italics
- Proposed new bylaws without the yellow highlights .
See you at the AGM! Thursday October 12th 2017, 7.00pm at Golden Secondary School Library.
Executive meeting Minutes
November 8, 2017 (click here)
December 6, 2017 (click here)
January 10, 2018 (click here)
February 7, 2018 (click here)
Board of Directors
President: Dan Veselic email: email@example.com
Treasurer: Joanne Wittstock
Secretary: Sue Rowe
Directors: Jeff Dolinsky, Ian Robinson, Jim Doyle, Steve Wyer, Carolyn Lilgert
Chalet: Jeff Dolinsky, Jim Doyle Program Coordinator: Sarah Osadetz firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills Development: Joan Dolinsky, Julian England
Events & Loppet: Jeff Dolinsky, Joan Dolinsky, Dan Veselic
Volunteers & Greeters: Jeff Dolinsky
Marketing: (vacant) Webmaster: Carolyn Lilgert
Grants: Anna Urban, Ian Blanchard
Trails and Infrastructure: Erwin Perzinger, Mark Dascher, Jeff Dolinsky, Marvin Lloyd, Ian Robinson